Spring 2022 Updates/COVID-19
Mandatory Employee COVID-19 Testing Begins
Sept. 1, 2021
As a reminder, employees who are not fully vaccinated, including those with exemptions for medical or religious reasons, are required to complete weekly COVID-19 testing beginning this week. Testing will be conducted Monday through Saturday in the Satellite Student Union (SSU). No appointments are necessary. Hours of operation are available on the Fresno State Mandatory COVID-19 Testing website and are subject to change. (Please note there will be no testing on Sept. 4 or 6 due to the Labor Day holiday.)
Employees who are fully vaccinated and have voluntarily provided proof of vaccination via the Self-Certification form in the My Fresno State Portal will not be required to do weekly testing. Employees can upload their proof of vaccination at any time in order to opt-out of the mandatory testing program.
Before you arrive at the SSU for testing, be advised of the following:
- No food or drink one hour prior to your test (no water/gum; also, no smoking or chewing)
- Bring your Fresno State ID card
- Face coverings are required
- Complete the one-time consent form by logging into the health portal, click on Medical Clearances then choose COVID-19 Testing Consent Form
- Watch a video on how the test is collected
When you arrive at the SSU for testing:
- Check in at the lobby of the SSU
- Log into the health portal from your cell phone and click on your electronic badge and stay logged in through test checkout process
- You will receive a tube for your test
- Provide the saliva to be tested
- Show your electronic badge, it will be scanned and matched with your test to check out
You will receive your results within 24 hours (tests completed on Saturday will have results available the following Monday).
If you receive a positive test result, follow University protocol by completing the COVID-19 reporting form.
Due to the expected volume of testing needed for unvaccinated students and employees, we are not offering voluntary testing for vaccinated individuals at this time, unless they are identified by Environmental Health & Safety/Risk Management as a close contact while on campus. Vaccinated employees have the ability to get tested off campus using their health insurance plans. Once the volume is manageable we will possibly reconsider.
Thank you for doing your part in protecting yourself and our campus community.
Debbie Adishian-Astone, Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer
Xuanning Fu, Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs