Fall 2021 Repopulation/COVID-19
Mandatory COVID-19 Testing
Students, faculty, and staff who are not fully vaccinated or have submitted a vaccine exemption, are required to complete mandatory, weekly COVID-19 testing. Fully vaccinated means two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
** Vaccinated employees and students can now get tested at no cost, once a week on campus.
If students or employees are symptomatic and isolating, you are still able to get tested at the Satellite Student Union (SSU). You can park in the lot north of the SSU, stay in your car, and call the number on the signage and someone will come out to your car.
Testing (self-collected saliva PCR) is available in the Satellite Student Union at no cost starting Thursday, Aug. 26 during the times listed below. Days and times are subject to change. Test results will be available within 24 - 48 hours.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Monday
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Tuesday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Wednesday
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Friday
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Saturday
** Testing will be closed Nov. 25 and 26, Dec. 16, 17 and Dec. 24 through Jan. 1.
Before you arrive, be advised of the following:
- No food or drink one hour prior to your test (no water/gum; also, no smoking or chewing)
- Bring your Fresno State ID card
- Face coverings are required
- Complete the one-time consent form by logging into your student health portal, click on Medical Clearances then choose COVID-19 Testing Consent Form
- Watch a video on how the test is collected
When you arrive:
- Check in at the lobby of the Satellite Student Union
- Log into the health portal from your cell phone and click on your electronic badge and stay logged in through test check out process
- You will receive a tube for your test
- Provide the saliva to be tested
- Show your electronic badge, it will be scanned and matched with your test to check out
After your test:
- You will receive an email notification within 24 - 48 hours alerting you that your results are available
- You can log into the health portal to view your results
- If your test is negative, continue testing weekly as required
- If your test is positive do not come to campus. Follow the campus reporting protocol by filling out the COVID-19 Reporting Form and Environmental Health and Safety will contact you