Planning for the Fall Semester
As the University determines the best path forward for fall , our decisions are guided by the safety and welfare of our campus community and our goal of providing a quality educational experience for our students. We are committed to a thoughtful approach that is inclusive of the broader campus community, including students, faculty and staff.
The Fall Planning Task Force, co-chaired by Interim Provost Xuanning Fu and Vice President Debbie Adishian-Astone, has been charged with developing a plan for the fall semester based on public-health realities and projections in our region, in consultation with the Fresno County Department of Public Health, and following local, state and federal guidelines to protect the health and well-being of the entire campus community.
Three workgroups have been formed to provide operational recommendations that would support the following areas:
- Student Support, led by Dr. Carolyn Coon, interim vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and D'Aungillique Jackson, ASI President.
- Workforce Support, led by Marylou Mendoza-Miller, associate vice president for Human Resources, and Marsha Baum, associate vice president for Faculty Affairs.
- Facilities and in-person activities, led by Tinnah Medina, associate vice president for Facilities Management, and Dr. Denise Seabert, dean of the College of Health and Human Services.
- Ensure that our campus and facilities provide a safe and healthy environment for our
students, faculty and staff.
- Uphold Fresno State's mission, values and signature standards of excellence by providing
outstanding educational experiences and steady academic progression for students.
- Act consistently with our Principles of Community.
- Continue serving as responsible stewards of public and private funding.
Fall Planning Task Force
- Xuanning Fu, Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (Co-Chair)
- Debbie Adishian-Astone, Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (Co-Chair)
- Bryan Berrett, Director, Center for Faculty Excellence
- Carolyn Coon, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Melissa Gibson, Professor, Department of Theatre and Dance
- D'Aungillique Jackson, ASI President
- Ray Hall, Physics, Chair, Academic Senate
- Tinneke Van Camp, Criminology, Vice Chair, Academic Senate
- Kevin Ayotte, Communication, Chair of Chairs
- Robert Guinn, Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Jim Marshall, Dean, Division of Research and Graduate Studies
- Tinnah Medina, Associate Vice President for Facilities Management
- Chris Meyer, Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
- Ram Nunna, Dean, Lyles College of Engineering
- Randy Perry, Professor, Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
- Denise Seabert, Dean, College of Health and Human Services
- Georgianna Negron-Long, Chair, Joint Labor Council
- Terry Tumey, Director of Athletics
- Monique Beeler, Interim Assistant Vice President for University Communications
- Randy Yerrick, Dean, Kremen School of Education and Human Development
- Marylou Mendoza-Miller, Associate Vice President for Human Resources
- Marsha Baum, Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs