Fall 2021 Repopulation/COVID-19
Planning for the Fall 2021 Semester
As the University determines the best path forward for fall 2021, our decisions are guided by the safety and welfare of our campus community and our goal of providing a quality educational experience for our students. We are committed to a thoughtful approach that is inclusive of the broader campus community, including students, faculty and staff.
The Fall 2021 Planning Task Force, co-chaired by Interim Provost Xuanning Fu and Vice President Debbie Adishian-Astone, has been charged with developing a plan for the fall semester based on public-health realities and projections in our region, in consultation with the Fresno County Department of Public Health, and following local, state and federal guidelines to protect the health and well-being of the entire campus community.
Three workgroups have been formed to provide operational recommendations that would support the following areas:
- Student Support, led by Dr. Carolyn Coon, interim vice president for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and D'Aungillique Jackson, ASI President.
- Workforce Support, led by Marylou Mendoza-Miller, associate vice president for Human Resources, and Marsha Baum, associate vice president for Faculty Affairs.
- Facilities and in-person activities, led by Tinnah Medina, associate vice president for Facilities Management, and Dr. Denise Seabert, dean of the College of Health and Human Services.
- Ensure that our campus and facilities provide a safe and healthy environment for our
students, faculty and staff.
- Uphold Fresno State's mission, values and signature standards of excellence by providing
outstanding educational experiences and steady academic progression for students.
- Act consistently with our Principles of Community.
- Continue serving as responsible stewards of public and private funding.
Fall 2021 Planning Task Force
- Xuanning Fu, Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (Co-Chair)
- Debbie Adishian-Astone, Vice President for Administration and Chief Financial Officer (Co-Chair)
- Bryan Berrett, Director, Center for Faculty Excellence
- Carolyn Coon, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Melissa Gibson, Professor, Department of Theatre and Dance
- D'Aungillique Jackson, ASI President
- Ray Hall, Physics, Chair, Academic Senate
- Tinneke Van Camp, Criminology, Vice Chair, Academic Senate
- Kevin Ayotte, Communication, Chair of Chairs
- Robert Guinn, Deputy Chief Information Officer
- Jim Marshall, Dean, Division of Research and Graduate Studies
- Tinnah Medina, Associate Vice President for Facilities Management
- Chris Meyer, Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
- Ram Nunna, Dean, Lyles College of Engineering
- Randy Perry, Professor, Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
- Denise Seabert, Dean, College of Health and Human Services
- Georgianna Negron-Long, Chair, Joint Labor Council
- Terry Tumey, Director of Athletics
- Monique Beeler, Interim Assistant Vice President for University Communications
- Randy Yerrick, Dean, Kremen School of Education and Human Development
- Marylou Mendoza-Miller, Associate Vice President for Human Resources
- Marsha Baum, Associate Vice President for Faculty Affairs