Spring 2022 Updates/COVID-19
COVID-19 Updates and Reminders
Dec. 18, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
As the surge of COVID-19 cases continues in our region, we want to remind everyone of the precautionary measures that must be adhered to every day for those working and learning on campus. These measures are also applicable to those who may come to campus occasionally.
- *New: You must wear your face covering when inside any campus building, even if no one else is around. This includes those who work in indoor open areas, such as cubicles. Only exception: If you have your own office (do not share the space), and are able to close the door. If anyone enters your office, everyone in the office must wear a face covering.
- Select and wear face coverings in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Maintain distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times. If this is not feasible, limit the amount of time in close contact (less than 15 minutes), and ensure that each person is wearing a face covering.
- Complete the daily health screening each day that you come to any Fresno State building, even if you will only be on campus for a few minutes. If, after completing the questionnaire, you get a red “X”, do not come to campus; and complete the COVID-19 online reporting form (accessible on this webpage). If you get a green checkmark, you are allowed on campus and should go through one of the campus checkpoints.
- If your condition deteriorates after you have taken the screening, gone through a checkpoint and reported to work, please return home immediately, and complete the COVID-19 online reporting form.
- A close contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
Failing to follow the precautions could result in having to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days.
Director of Environmental Health & Safety and Risk Management